We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all visitors and users of this website.
What personal information do we collect?
If you decide to make an order with us, there is certain basic personal information that we will require from you in order to process your order (such as your name, delivery address, credit/debit card details, e-mail address and telephone number).
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any service which we provide, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by a third party, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We will only pass on your personal information to third parties if it is an essential part of trading with you (i.e. passing on your name and address to our carriers, or telephone number should there be a query with delivery). We will not rent or sell your name, address, email address, credit card details or any other personal information to any unrelated third party.
Information collected from children
We are strongly committed to preserving online privacy for all of our Website visitors, including children. The Website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. We will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use or submit information to the Website.
What are Cookies?
We’re not talking about the cookie that you eat (unfortunately). Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which allow our site to recognise your device and are downloaded to your device when you visit a website if you agree to the site doing so. Cookies are then sent back to the website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and are widely used in order to either make websites, work more efficiently, let you navigate between pages, remember your preferences, and generally improve your user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Change Browser Settings
If you don’t change your browser settings and continue to use our site, we will assume that you consent to us continuing to download cookies onto your device.
Whether or not you allow us to download cookies is up to you, but if you choose to disable cookies by changing your Browser Settings, our Website and its features may not necessarily work in the same way or produce the same personalised experience. If you delete all of your cookies, you will have to update your preferences with us again. If you use a different device, computer profile or browser you will have to tell us your preferences again.
Site Statistics Use of analytics tools
In order to better serve our Website visitors and customers we may use Google Analytics features such as Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration and/or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting (Google Display Advertising Features).
You can opt-out of the Google Display Advertising Features and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings.
As an added privacy measure, you can use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add on.
We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information we hold or collect with non-personally identifiable information collected from the Google Display Advertising Features unless we have received your active prior consent to such merger.
Regarding Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, we may use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising and/or third party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and our Website content.
Where do we store your personal data?
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. We keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall.
We use secure socket layer software (SSL) to encrypt all of your personal information including your credit card number and your name and address. This technology prevents you from inadvertently revealing personal information using an insecure connection.
The GeoTrust program allows you to learn more about web sites you visit before you submit any confidential information. When you see a GeoTrust logo, clicking on it will verify that this web site is secure.
xanashop.com can optionally save your credit or debit card details once your order has been processed, to make any future orders easier. However, for your security you will need to enter your card’s 3-digit security code for every transaction.
We recommend that you always close down your internet browser when you have finished shopping online especially if you use a shared PC. This will delete temporary cookies from any sites that you may have visited.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We will never send an email or telephone you to ask for your security information or log on details
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on line over the internet. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We will not be held responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you to:
- set up, manage your account and contact you about your account;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with, or permit third parties to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and,
- notify you about changes to our service.
Marketing and Communications
You will have the opportunity to subscribe to other areas of the site. For instance you may wish to receive our newsletter or other marketing information (by E-Mail or Direct Mail) or enter competitions. In these circumstances we will ask for additional information, such as your age, occupation, style interests etc. This will help us to target our marketing in a way we feel would be of specific interest to you. We may from time to time send with your ordered products, inserts advertising the goods or services of unrelated third party companies. However, we do not pass on your personal data to these third party companies.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If you no longer wish to receive marketing information from us you have the option of ‘opting out’. Clear instructions on how to opt out of each area will be detailed specifically (for instance at the bottom of our e-newsletter you will have the option ‘To unsubscribe form our emails there is a link at the end of our newsletter. Alternatively, please let us know in writing.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.